Unions. Yes or NO?

Users who are viewing this thread

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
So Crafty, are you voting for Obama or are you just rabble rousing for the fun of it?:D

You know, deep in your heart that you hate both candidates and would sooner vote for a trained ape than have to make this choice:D

If someone had told me 30 years ago that the presidential race would come down to these 4 idiots I would have said your nuts:D

What I do know though is that money and the media (both sides) have way way too much influence on elections. When these idiots running can spend mizillions of dollars to get elected and then tell us how to run an economy? Talk about a waste of space. I don't trust any one of them. They will all stab us in the back for their own political power in a heartbeat. There is no difference between Dems and Repubs any more, they are both parties of self interest.

Is Pat Paulsen still running or did he die? If he's still around I think he'll finally get my vote.

craftech

Reaction score
So Crafty, are you voting for Obama or are you just rabble rousing for the fun of it?:D

You know, deep in your heart that you hate both candidates and would sooner vote for a trained ape than have to make this choice:D

If someone had told me 30 years ago that the presidential race would come down to these 4 idiots I would have said your nuts:D

What I do know though is that money and the media (both sides) have way way too much influence on elections. When these idiots running can spend mizillions of dollars to get elected and then tell us how to run an economy? Talk about a waste of space. I don't trust any one of them. They will all stab us in the back for their own political power in a heartbeat. There is no difference between Dems and Repubs any more, they are both parties of self interest.

Is Pat Paulsen still running or did he die? If he's still around I think he'll finally get my vote.

I am voting for Obama, but I predicted that McCain would win in 2008 back in 2004 and again in 2006. If you would like, I can probably find some old posts on another forum to prove I predicted it. There will never be another Democrat who will be president in my lifetime. The news media will never allow it to happen. Also, the rigging of electronic voting machines will be a determining factor in close elections from here on in. And there will be no way from here on in to have a recount. Republicans have prevented paper records from becoming law or even funding to help states pay for it. And the news media has covered all of it up for them.

http://www.verifiedvoting.org/article.php?list=type&type=13

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9920030-7.html

John

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Voting for someone to run this country who has no record or experience to base the vote on is like playing Russian Roulette backward.

A chamber full of rounds with 1 missing. Only an insane person would do so.

Just my NSHO.

craftech

Reaction score
Voting for someone to run this country who has no record or experience to base the vote on is like playing Russian Roulette backward.

A chamber full of rounds with 1 missing. Only an insane person would do so.

Just my NSHO.

Again Cass, I don't like McBush's voting record. If you actually do like their policies and actually know what they are - vote for him. He is going to win anyway.

John

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
By news media are you talking about all three prime time networks, abc, cbs, nbc, or cnn, msnbc, the times the wash post, the entire cast of hollywood? Other than rush, hannity and fox who's in the republican tank? I'm pretty sure everyone would agree that on the whole the press is pretty much slanted to the left.

acjensen

Reaction score
cable news

The 24 hour news cycle brought on by the cable news networks is the worst thing to ever happen to reporting. Now instead of getting impartial reports based on the facts, you get hour-long shows by talking heads custom catered to certain politically like-minded audiences. The result is that you get an opinion: pre-chewed and digested for you, no thought required. I get my news from Minnesota Public Radio. Just the facts, Jack. Then I make up my own mind. Eight years ago I wanted McCain to win, but now it seems like he sold his soul to get the republican "Base" vote. The truth is my vote will probably not matter, since Obama will likely win MN by a comfortable margin. My honest opinion is that America will be much better off no matter who wins in November.

Master Plumber 101

In the Trades
Reaction score
I guess Fox new's network give's fair and balanced new's. Right?

How about Rush, Sean Hannity, Mark Levine. They R E P O R T the fact's all the time.

The fact is guy's like that are clearly cooperate whore's in the biz for there own financial gain. There always selling something on there show's. They don't care about the U.S. as long as there pocket's are being lined. Dirt Bag's!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I can watch Jim Lehrer...http://www.pbs.org/newshour/
The others I really can't tolerate!

The two party media is so far right and left they are just brainwashing whack jobs!
If anybody watches them for any length of time well you just see that look of... the lights are on but nobody is home.
It's a shame when we have a bunch of brainwashed wack jobs heading into voting booths...

Get the rope... It's time to go to Washington and have a party... 232 years and it's time for some house and senate cleaning...

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
And yet it is perfectly fine for Chris Matthews to say that he gets a tingle up his legs every time Obama Speaks. Yea that's balanced reporting. How about Katy Couric with her adoring cow eyes every time Obama's name is mentioned. Or Opra backing him or Letterman and Leno and Stewart. Don't even begin to go there. There is a one to 7 ratio on tv of conservitave stations to liberal. Sure radio has a few more but that's just because when you have a talk show and ask a liberal a question they can NEVER answer it, EVER. And it gets boring real fast listening to the libs gripe about Bush when Bush is no longer running for office. Here's the liberal answer to any question asked. Ya but what about Bush?

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
I'm completely in favor of unions, they make taking piping apart so much easier. One place where they are especially nice is the discharge from top-mounted safety valves on boilers or top mounted T&P valves on water heaters. I wish more unions were used.

Except, of course, on gas piping. :cool:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
My first wife was unstable!
That was a bad union...
She's on her 3rd bad union...

My second union is good!

Cookie

Reaction score
I love your avatar Rugged, I laugh every single time I see it, you have cookies on the dark side, lol.

Acceptance is the key in marriage and not try to change the other. "I am what I yam."

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I didn't try to change anything...
She changed into her mother!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Vote Obama

No experience, but he knows how to fix things?

Will you hire a plumber or electrician without experience?

Why then a presidential candidate to run the country.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Vote Obama

Because he will take from the rich and give to the poor. By the way, you DO REALIZE that anyone making $50K a year is in the RICH category when they start jacking taxes!!!! Hold onto your wallets.....!!!!

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I love your avatar Rugged, I laugh every single time I see it, you have cookies on the dark side, lol.

Acceptance is the key in marriage and not try to change the other. "I am what I yam."

Acceptance is that 6 month window where I just met someone and they are getting comfortable and they are planning my time, my money, and my future just because it feels good to be around me.

That's when they gotta go...

I work for tons of married couples. Lots of good ones out there, but I promise those statistics ring true, and the failure rates are even higher on 2nd 3rd marriages.

I love seeing a couple with kids making the best of their "union" but then I see so many that cannot even paint the happy face when I'm in their home, knowing that these two adults and these kids are just coexisting, paying bills.

Next time you go to the grocery, watch the couples that enter the store. The majority who don't smile will be the married couples.

I lived that sentiment with someone I was with, never married, for 8 years. You go numb, completely numb like so many others.

The trip to the store is "Damn, here's more money we're spending" instead of

"Hod Damn! I get to spend $290 with my partner and I love every minute of it!"

Time for fructose corn syrup, pounds of it.

Cookie

Reaction score
I was lucky, I am always lucky in that I hit the long shots in life. I always win. I am glad I do, too. I couldn't wait until, the weekends so I could be with my husband, not hurried like the rest of the week. There on Saturday morning, he would say, " let's go get a delicious coffee" that was a Mickey D's coffee, since I make really lousy coffee. I would take a couple of slices of bread with me, and there we would sit at McDonalds's with our delicious coffees and feed the birds. I had a red Pt Crusier at the time, that he called, the little red bread wagon since the birds recognized it and sometimes, they tried to come in thru the window at him or the sunroof. We got to know the birds and named them. There was a black crow, we called, Walking Crow for he only walked across the road and he waited until, all the smaller birds ate before he did. That was our Saturday mornings and we loved them. We would go to yard sales or " go buy a flea." On Sundays, we would go again for our delicious coffees and come back to our basement where we had a little table set up and a small black & white Tv, there we sat drinking our coffees, listening to the tv while we read the Sunday rag. He would pat his knee and tell me to come sit with him. We would had been married 25 years, if he would had lived 2 months longer. Our marriage was not perfect because we weren't. But, the day I got married, my mother told him, " she is headstrong Timmy and you won't change her" and he never did nor did he try. He would joke and say, " you am what you yam" (in truth, I would had changed for him anything he wanted for I loved him so) but, of course, I would never had let him known that, :D

Our marriage was simple, fun, and usually never cost much money. We never fought over money, because we never had any extra to fight over; we paid our bills. The kids were extensions of us, and belonged to both of us, and we raised them together.

Take the chance someday. This is my diatribe. :D
(my new word of the day)

Acceptance is that 6 month window where I just met someone and they are getting comfortable and they are planning my time, my money, and my future just because it feels good to be around me.

That's when they gotta go...

I work for tons of married couples. Lots of good ones out there, but I promise those statistics ring true, and the failure rates are even higher on 2nd 3rd marriages.

I love seeing a couple with kids making the best of their "union" but then I see so many that cannot even paint the happy face when I'm in their home, knowing that these two adults and these kids are just coexisting, paying bills.

Next time you go to the grocery, watch the couples that enter the store. The majority who don't smile will be the married couples.

I lived that sentiment with someone I was with, never married, for 8 years. You go numb, completely numb like so many others.

The trip to the store is "Damn, here's more money we're spending" instead of

"Hod Damn! I get to spend $290 with my partner and I love every minute of it!"

Time for fructose corn syrup, pounds of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks