Unifit to be tied: nasty leak from a TOTO

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Sepp, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Sepp

Sepp New Member

First-time poster here. Our TOTO Carrollton has developed an unpleasant leak. I pulled it out this afternoon thinking there might be a problem with the wax flange seal, but I'm pretty sure the problem is on the inlet side of the Unifit adapter. I say that because a) most of the wetness is right up against the wall behind the toilet, and b) the rubber seal which is supposed to be tie-wrapped to the Unifit thing is no longer on the Unifit thing...looks like it came along for the ride when I removed the toilet. I was just wondering whether I can get a replacement rubber seal...or do I have to buy a whole new Unifit adapter?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    I'd call Toto and explain the situation...they'll probably send you what you need.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Sepp

Sepp New Member

The tie-wrap was the culprit

[​IMG]

Actually, the rubber part looks like it will be reusable. I just need a tie-wrap that will stay tied to secure the rubber seal to the unifit adapter. The teeth on the original tie-wrap are microscopic...no wonder it came undone.

Just an FYI.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008