undoing Pex pipe fittings

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by drummertom, Apr 13, 2006.

1. drummertom

drummertom New Member

:confused: Hi. I just recently bought a motorhome and the PO redid the plumbing with pex pipe. That's all well and good except the water heater is leaking. Is there any way to get the pex fittings loose without destroying them? I don't have the tools to redo the fittings so I am wondering what my options are. Thx for any help!!
    Tom
  2. shark bite fittings

just cut it off above the heater.....

then use 2 of those shark bite fittings and switch it to copper

to the water heater
  3. drummertom

drummertom New Member

OK But!!

Sorry to sound ignorant but what are sharkbite fittings?
  4. http://www.cashacme.com/pdf_sharkbite/spec/SharkBiteWHKitSpec2-3-05.pdf#search='sharkbite%20fittings'

Probably around $10 a fitting. GOOD LUCK
  5. Cass

Cass Plumber

Where did that cow go?