Understanding pump - comparing specifications

Users who are viewing this thread

Sprinkler

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering about the meaning of some pump specifications. For example, there is 1 pump for around 90 euros - Spec: 900w, Head lift: 36m, pressure 3.6 bar. 5,200 Liters/h, anti-return valve, heat protection. Then compare that to another pump for around 100 euros: Head-lift: 50m, 1200 liters/h, Max pressure: 10 bar, Engine output: 350w. But what I don't understand is, the cheaper pump is supposed to deliver 5,200 Liters/h, but it is only 3.6bar, whereas the more expensive one is 1,200 liters /h at 10 bar pressure. Is it because the cheaper pump uses 900 w versus the 350w of the more expensive (1,200 L/h) pump?
In short, which pump would fill a 200 liter tank faster, if the head lift is about 30 meters? Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks