Underground pipe install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
This one might be a good one for HJ. I thought I heard from some guys that in PHX they will repipe by going through the attic since there is no chance of it freezing and the pipes being insulated, the cold water still remains temperature. Just bringing this up because replacing sounds drastic if all you need to do is tie in through the attic. In Flagstaff BTW and it's getting pretty nippy up here... :eek:

Mikebarone

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks

My mothers home has a 5/8" meter. I changed the water line from a 3/4" to 1.5" water lines. It made a huge difference.
She is 250 feet from the meter, but to give a simple example, on the irrigation on the back side of her property, I ran a 1-1/2" PVC line 250 feet, and then downsized to 1" for another 100 feet. The irrigation works that way on the back zone.
With the 3/4" line, it didn't work.
It's the same 5/8" meter.
She runs four zones on her one acre property.

Wow….only four zones on an acre. I will suggest to the owner about going to at least a 1†line. I’m just concerned that the galvanized pipe that is in the house is just as rusty as the main line coming from the meter to the house. I guess replacing one step at a time. It will help out, because the irrigation line is at the front of the house, where the new line will connect to.

Thanks again,

Mike

PS. I’m glade to hear someone else has to do, “mother- honey-do’s†too...LOL!

Mikebarone

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Freezing pipes.

This one might be a good one for HJ. I thought I heard from some guys that in PHX they will repipe by going through the attic since there is no chance of it freezing and the pipes being insulated, the cold water still remains temperature. Just bringing this up because replacing sounds drastic if all you need to do is tie in through the attic. In Flagstaff BTW and it's getting pretty nippy up here... :eek:

In North Phoenix, (around New River) there is still a problem with pipes freezing. Last year wasn’t too bad, but the year before that a lot of BFP’s and well pipes were busting all over the place; worked my butt off that day…LOL.

Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks