Under mount tub install mystery

Users who are viewing this thread

GrnMitsu

Reaction score
Hello - First, thanks to all who share their knowledge on this forum, I have read as many threads as I could find on under mount tubs and have learned so much.

With all the knowledge here, I still can not figure out how to frame my under mount tub. I called the manufacturer and they were less than helpful.

This is my tub, model 6032:
https://hydrosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/malia.pdf

Per the installation instructions, the tub should be dropped into a plywood deck with the lip resting on top of the deck. This leaves the height of the lip (which is 1 3/4") on top of the waterproofed plywood deck.

My question is this: What goes between the waterproofed plywood deck and the bottom of the stone to allow the stone slab to overlap the tub lip to make it an under mount installation instead of a drop in installation?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks