Ultramax VS Kohler Cimmaron One Piece

Users who are viewing this thread

HDFAN1

Reaction score
I have been doing much research here as I am about to replace two old toilets. In Terry's reviews, the Kohler Cimmaron gets good marks, but I don't see the new ONE PIECE Cimmaron rated. Maybe it's too new.

Anyone have any experience with this?

How would it compare to the Toto Ultramax?

I can get the Ultramax ADA elongated locally (Dallas) for five hundred.

I can get the Kohler one piece from the same place for three hundred sixty.

Is there $140 difference?

All replies appreciated.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto ADA Ultramax will rinse around the bowl.
The Cimarron misses the back.

the Toto ADA Ultramax will not plug as often as the Cimarron.

Quality control of the Toto is better, less defects and less chance of porous china.

You have to decide if these things matter.

HDFAN1

Reaction score
Thanks Terry! And yes, these things DO matter. To me, anyway. So from your reply, here's the plan. I will put the Toto in the front bathroom where all the "dirty work" takes place, and the one piece cimarron in the back bath, which is pretty much relegated to liquid waste removal.

Also, the toilets I am removing were 5 gal (I think), prolly put in when house was new, 1979. I have NEVER, EVER had one clog, and that was while raising two kids. Am I going to miss these oldies? There is nothing functionally wrong with them, just kind of old, and I am doing a remodel on both baths.

Am I making a mistake replacing these older units with 1.6 gal units?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I was in a home at one time that was built in 1974, the old 5 gallon Norris toilets.
I used to plunge those.

The Ultramax was better. Way better really.
However, everyone had different results it seems.
One common issue, is the bowl cleaning.
Less water, means less wash. That is common across all of the brands.

One thing you will notice is, the new toilets look so much better.
Your water bill will go down.
Refill times are much quicker.

HDFAN1

Reaction score
No doubt the new ones look better. WAY better. I live alone now, so I really doubt I will see much impact on my water bill, but we will see.

HDFAN1

Reaction score
Nope, no toy soldiers or any other toys for that matter. However, from time to time, there will be a "bomb" dropped in there, and I don't want to have to worry about it not going down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks