Ultramax ADA or Drake2

Users who are viewing this thread

BillieJay

Reaction score
Hi.
Besides the price and the fact that Ultramax is a one piece, what is the difference in the MS854114SL and The CSt744SL? Also besides purchasing the seat if I decide on the Drake, what other extras should I purchase given they don't carry TOTOS around here locally. OK, I just realized that the Drake MS854114SL does not have Sana Gloss. It doesn't appear that they make the Drake with the ADA height and the CEFIONTECT finish. Am I correct?
Thank-you,
Billie

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Both perform very well, so it is largely a matter of your preference. I would opt for the one piece because of it's lower profile and easy of cleaning. As far a extras are concerned you will need a new supply tube, a wax ring, shims if the floor is not level, and a tube of latex caulk. I don't know what your dealer will supply, if anything, but my dealer (Terry Love) supplies all of those things.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The DrakeII has the cyclone flush. The Ultramax is a one-piece Drake (not the II), so is an older design. I think the Ultramax is available as the II as well. The II cyclone flush has better bowl wash, but flushwise, they are about equal. The tank on the DRake sits a little higher, and like with a water tower, that gives it a little more oomph, but not much different. As Gary said, the one-piece has fewer nooks to clean with the one-piece. Another one you might consider is the Vespin II. The skirt is even easier to keep clean. Or, the Carlyle II. Pretty much all of the Toto toilets are designed well, so it is more of a style and size thing that should be the biggest consideration.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The previous Toto modesl have a "straight down the bowl" rinse.

The II models, added comfort height, CEFIONTECT and the double cyclone rinse.

Performace is good in all of them, rinse is good.
It's more about picking height and style.

CEFIONTECT is a plus.

BillieJay

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. I like the VespinII, but from what I understand, it's more difficult for my plumber to install and at $90.00 an hour, trying to keep to my remodel budget that's a consideration!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Vespin uses the UniFit adapter which requires 4 holes to be drilled in the floor to mount it. It comes with a template, and with the right tools, takes only a few minutes more verses a "normal" toilet install. The only other consideration is that with the skirt, the supply might not be placed properly - it needs to be a bit further from the centerline so the skirt clears it verses a more conventional toilet back. I have a Vespin and a Carlyle in my home, and put in a pair of Drakes at my mother's.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks