U.S. Submarines, small submersibles, perfect for your yacht

Discussion in 'Terry's Corner' started by Terry, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

I find they are a good alternative to a sump pump too.

For those of you with water issues, just moor one of these up at the top of the basement stairs.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

If I had Paul Allen's money I'd burn mine...

I wonder about escape and or rescue from one of these should something go wrong...:eek:
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

That's why you should hire a pro! O wonder how I have managed all these years without my own personal submarine! And they say a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into! This will take it all the way to the bottom!:rolleyes: It's sad some folks can find the money to buy such things while there are millions of children in the world starving.
  5. Cookie

Cookie .

I am, and always have been a huge fan of Jules Verne's works. My favorite being, Twenty thousand leagues under the sea. I checked out that second link and those pictures are amazing. I want one of those. :D Just imagine laying in bed watching the whole ocean swimming about you, I would never get to sleep.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  6. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

With what i can afford this would be the view from my living room

image97.jpeg
  7. Cookie

Cookie .

How many people can fit into that sub? :D Can I fit maybe about 20? One is very large. :)
    Plus, what do they run on? Like gas? Are they easy to sink? lol.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  8. Cass

Cass Plumber

I just ordered one...I figure that I can make calls on ships and clean up as no one has tapped this market yet...the submarine allowes me to travel during bad storms deep enough that the storm won't affect me...the first hour rate is a killer though...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Cookie

Cookie .

!

Hey, I could be your assistant, I am looking for a new job! You could hire out from Terry's, :)
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
  10. Bill Arden

Bill Arden Computer Programmer

I know someone building there own sub. He's got most of it built and is now looking for motor controllers.

He wants to do "drive by wire", however I am trying to convince him to just add the extra wire terminators threw the pressure shell and use analog controls.

FYI: Here's a link for anyone else looking for large shunt wound DC motor controllers that can be controlled using an analog voltage.
    http://curtisinst.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cProducts.dspProductCategory&catID=9

Edit: Note: He's using a certified main pressure vessel... So this isn't just someone welding some propane tanks together.

Edit again: Terry: nice subs... the guy I am talking about is on a much smaller budget and would not be very far except for getting a good deal on some surplus stuff.
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  11. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I can tell you that if there are 100' waves on the surface, then at 400'depth, the waves are still humongous. BTDT.
  12. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Jimbo, How deep to you have to go to not feel the wave action...
    Or, is this one of those cases where if you told me you'd have to kill me?:D
  13. Cass

Cass Plumber

I would tell teh customer that I was to buisy if I had to go through the perfect storm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk72lvLFDfk
  14. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

15. PeterL321

PeterL321 New Member

You Yacht is very very wonderful...I go sailing every week...My friends...I maybe can provide you some yacht services to let you know some brands of yachts...haha .