4.5 KB · Views: 1,121
  • subs_3.jpg
    subs_3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,441
Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I find they are a good alternative to a sump pump too.

For those of you with water issues, just moor one of these up at the top of the basement stairs.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If I had Paul Allen's money I'd burn mine...

I wonder about escape and or rescue from one of these should something go wrong...:eek:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's why you should hire a pro! O wonder how I have managed all these years without my own personal submarine! And they say a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into! This will take it all the way to the bottom!:rolleyes: It's sad some folks can find the money to buy such things while there are millions of children in the world starving.

Cookie

Reaction score
I am, and always have been a huge fan of Jules Verne's works. My favorite being, Twenty thousand leagues under the sea. I checked out that second link and those pictures are amazing. I want one of those. :D Just imagine laying in bed watching the whole ocean swimming about you, I would never get to sleep.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
How many people can fit into that sub? :D Can I fit maybe about 20? One is very large. :)
Plus, what do they run on? Like gas? Are they easy to sink? lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I just ordered one...I figure that I can make calls on ships and clean up as no one has tapped this market yet...the submarine allowes me to travel during bad storms deep enough that the storm won't affect me...the first hour rate is a killer though...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
!

Hey, I could be your assistant, I am looking for a new job! You could hire out from Terry's, :)

Last edited:

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
I know someone building there own sub. He's got most of it built and is now looking for motor controllers.

He wants to do "drive by wire", however I am trying to convince him to just add the extra wire terminators threw the pressure shell and use analog controls.

FYI: Here's a link for anyone else looking for large shunt wound DC motor controllers that can be controlled using an analog voltage.
http://curtisinst.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cProducts.dspProductCategory&catID=9

Edit: Note: He's using a certified main pressure vessel... So this isn't just someone welding some propane tanks together.

Edit again: Terry: nice subs... the guy I am talking about is on a much smaller budget and would not be very far except for getting a good deal on some surplus stuff.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I can tell you that if there are 100' waves on the surface, then at 400'depth, the waves are still humongous. BTDT.

Jimbo, How deep to you have to go to not feel the wave action...
Or, is this one of those cases where if you told me you'd have to kill me?:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks