Tyvek and other House Wrap Options

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by Lakee911, May 2, 2006.

1. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

So, I went to Lowes the other day to get some Tyvek House Wrap. They had another brand (maybe their own) and it was a 9'ft x 150' roll for $113! I only need a chunk 9' x 28' for my project. Is housewrap absolutely needed? Anything else I can use? Anyplace, or anybody sell it by the ft or sqft? Price of building materials these days...sheesh

Thx
    Jason
  2. PEW

PEW DIY Senior Member

Why not look around for a contractor who may have an end of roll he will sell you? It is not a necessity but with todays energy costs, our electricity just went up 118% yesterday, I would want to use it.

Paul
  3. Lakee911

Up 118%? Holy Eff....
  4. PEW

PEW DIY Senior Member

They call it de-regulation in our state, and our elected officials were useless in moderating the increase. At our plant, it amounts to about a $600k per year increase, not nice!

Paul
  5. PEW

PEW DIY Senior Member

They call it de-regulation in our state, and our elected officials were useless in moderating the increase. At our plant, it amounts to about a $600k per year increase, not nice!

Paul
  6. Lakee911

Well jeepers...

Sometimes that happens with deregulation. Didn't California have troubles back when they tried it? Rolling blackouts and what not? Was that a result of deregulation? Maybe some new companies will move in and heat things up...errr maybe cool them down. File class action law suit against the Public Utilities Comminision for their neglegence in monitoring the situation?

I found my Tyvek on ****. Found a seller who had a bunch listed. Asked to buy only a 30x9 piece. Getting hooked up. :D

Thx
    Jason