Two piece toilet leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Yelsikmij

Reaction score
I installed a Toto Drake two piece toilet and have had a slow leak for a few weeks now (off and on) from one of the bolts which attach the tank to bowl. I tightened to the point I thought was as tight as I could without cracking the tank. I also tried disassembling and reassembling the two parts. Same result. Could the leak be from the main connection from tank to bowl and then leaking out the bolt (the rubber gasket not working?) or is it simply the bolt should be tighter. How do you know when it is tight enough? Any advice??????? I never installed a toilet before and seemed to be easy enough..just that darn slow drip.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
drake_sand_bolt3.jpg

turn off the water, flush the tank, sponge out the remaining water. Take the bolt out, then take some fine sandpaper and smooth the area around the bolt hole on the inside of the tank. Reassemble - make sure you put the washer in the proper place.

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743&highlight=cst744s

Last edited by a moderator:

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Hey Yell

same problem with my 2 totos,when i rebuilt them . I used rector sealunder the washers,NO LEAK! work's for me :D not all agree

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
leak

You can also use a little plumbers putty under the bolt head and washer........

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks