Two piece toilet leak

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Yelsikmij, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Yelsikmij

Yelsikmij New Member

I installed a Toto Drake two piece toilet and have had a slow leak for a few weeks now (off and on) from one of the bolts which attach the tank to bowl. I tightened to the point I thought was as tight as I could without cracking the tank. I also tried disassembling and reassembling the two parts. Same result. Could the leak be from the main connection from tank to bowl and then leaking out the bolt (the rubber gasket not working?) or is it simply the bolt should be tighter. How do you know when it is tight enough? Any advice??????? I never installed a toilet before and seemed to be easy enough..just that darn slow drip.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2006
  3. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

Hey Yell

same problem with my 2 totos,when i rebuilt them . I used rector sealunder the washers,NO LEAK! work's for me :D not all agree
  4. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

leak

You can also use a little plumbers putty under the bolt head and washer........