Two outlets from one switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Arfeller

Reaction score
I would like to supply two outlets from one switch. However, the outlets are on opposite sides of the room with the switch in the middle. Normally, i would daisy chain the outlets together but in this case I would rather have them both fed from switch independently.

I don't think putting two wires (12-2) on one terminal is a good idea so my current thought is to use a small pigtail and wire nut the two circuits to a pigtail and then attach the pigtail to the switch.

Would this be appropriate or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thank you for your time.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Whether this is a good idea at all...I don't know. But for sure, you are not supposed to put more than one wire on a screw. I don't see why pigtailing the connection would not be OK<

Arfeller

Reaction score
Yep, one hot pair and two load pairs out. I bought an oversized (deep) box so things tucked in very neatly.

Thank you both for the response

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
I don't see a problem with that at all, pig-tails are the most professional way of accomplishing most of these tasks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The only other way to do it would be with a switch with 2 back openings, but the ones with a screw to tighten the wires, not a "back stabbed" connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks