two faucets one drain sink...can i use faucets with standard popup drain?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by naadimre, Dec 10, 2013.

1. naadimre

naadimre New Member

vero sink.jpg

this is the sink we're installing. we're using the hansgrohe puravida faucets. i was wondering in this setup, do we just connect one of the popup drain assemblies and the other will be a dummy? the plumber seemed to think that since the drain is offset and not directly in front of the faucet, a touch or push drain would be better and not to use the popup drain at all.

thank you!
  2. naadimre

naadimre New Member

i posted the wrong picture, this is the 39 inch sink. we're installing the 47 inch sink. thanks.
  3. Smooky

Smooky Member

You could go with a Push Pop-Up or just a flat strainer.
  4. naadimre

naadimre New Member

just realized, i already purchased one faucet that has the pop-up assembly included and another that is without the assembly. looking at the faucet with the pop-up, the ball rod will be WAY too short. what do people normally do in this situation? is it easy to find a replacement extra long ball rod? the distance to cover will actually be about 12-13 inches!
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The problem with a longer rod is that it has to travel a much longer distance to move the popup plug open and closed. Few faucet popups have room for that much travel. But to extend the rod, you use a proper sized "rod coupling with two set screws" and a piece of plain rod the proper length.
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

He could drill the sink and add the pop-up in the middle, centered between the two faucets.

Or, I like what he mentioned about the push drain covers.