Turbid well water

Users who are viewing this thread

aholliman

Reaction score
I live in Eastern NC, and have a 296' deep well with a 2hp submersible pump which has performed well for the past 6 years. Last week, my water began to look cloudy. It continued to worsen until the water was a dark gray. However, there was no obvious silt or sand in the water. I have sent off a sample for testing, and installed an in-line filter. The water has cleared some, but today, I have a significant drop in pressure, and it appears that my water heater may be back flowing onto my cold water side. Any help is appreciated!

aholliman

Reaction score
More problems

When I got up this morning, I have no water at all. The breaker was not tripped, but the pump is not running and the bladder tank is empty. The pressure switch appears to be ok... looks like a burned up pump motor at least.. I just hope the well hasn't run dry! Any thoughts?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks