Tulip dual flush toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Cindybart

Reaction score
About a year and 1/2 ago we bought a
Pegasus - Tulip dual-flush toilet from Home Depot. They no longer sell these and we can find no information on it either. I saw your forum that mentioned this toilet, but no one seemed to know anything about this particular toilet in that discussion either, some comment about way below Phoenix, I assume meaning Mexico?? We are no longer able to flush and need to know where we can get replacement parts. Any ideas? Are we up a creek? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Cindybart

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, we did try that. No go!! Stinks that they don't sell parts for the stuff they sell.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is one of the problems common with Big Box Store plumbing. They buy cheap to sell cheap. Quality and performance are not their concern. They know that there are plenty of uninformed DIYers that will only look at the price and so they will stay in business selling junk. What's even worse, there are some well know old names in plumbing that are just as bad as the no name products. If you are unable to find the parts you need to get this back into operation, I would hope you would look seriously at Toto's line. No junk here.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Since most manufacturers of toilet don't make the inner tank parts, there may still be hope.
I would take a digital picture of the inside of the tank, and post it here.
Someone may recognize the replacement parts.

Home Depot Brand, Pegasus - Tulip dual flush toilet, MaP rating of 400 grams
Also: Vortens Lamosa Tulip

3107 bowl, 3427 tank (HD SKU
SKU 477-546)

FM/RT: Fluid Master Ballcock / R & T Dual Flush Flushvalve

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The HD glacier bay toilets are made by foremost...chinese company with North American HQ in Canada. It sound like the HD pegasus are made by lamosa, which I think is Mexico or South America.

Look for a phone number on a box in the store, and call it up.

I know that there is a cheapy Glacier Bay toilet which uses a real rube goldberg handle arrangement which is failure prone, and HD does not have parts and will not order parts/

A

adamjsr

hmm

i think, this is one of the problems common with Big Box Store plumbing. They buy cheap to sell cheap. Quality and performance are not their concern. They know that there are plenty of uninformed DIYers that will only look at the price and so they will stay in business selling junk. What's even worse, there are some well know old names in plumbing that are just as bad as the no name products. If you are unable to find the parts you need to get this back into operation.

davesm

Reaction score
Found It!!!

Hopefully this will save someone time in the future.

I had something go wrong with my Tulip Toilet and like Cindy had an impossible time finding replacement parts. Home Depot... No help... Pegasus... No Help...

Finally I found an answer. Vortens.com is the US name for Sanitario-Lamosa (which HD re-wraps and calls Pegasus). The model name has now changed from Tulip to Manchester (Same 3107-3427). I called the 800# and they will ship me the parts free of charge w/in 5 years of purchase.

866-821-2811

I learned a valuable lesson about how big box retailers will sell you a product (an expensive product. Got this at Expo.) with no way or direction to repairing it.

rdees32

Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you, Thank you, I had the exact same problem and Home Depot was clueless. I thought i was going to have to replace the toilet. I called vortens and they are going to relace the part for free.

zxcvbn

Reaction score
Thanks for the info , I have had mine for about a year and the flush o-ring seal had some bubbles and would constantly leak. Home depot was no help at all. and they no longer carry it. at same time it was a costly toilet.

WandaJ

Reaction score
Just in case anyone is still dealing with this problem now, in June 2013, I believe we have finally tracked down the toilet again... davesm info is correct. You can find the Manchester picture and info at http://vortens.com/products/residential-suites/3107-3427/# and can order the parts at http://www.toiletexperts.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=21 Toilets Experts 800-327-3022

Thank goodness for this forum leading me to find a way to order a part. I really love the toilet, well as much as you can love a toilet ;)
Wanda

BruceMac

Reaction score
Just in case anyone is still dealing with this problem now, in June 2013, I believe we have finally tracked down the toilet again... davesm info is correct except for the 800-471-5129 number is out of business. You can find the Manchester picture and info at http://vortens.com/products/residential-suites/3107-3427/# and can order the parts at http://www.toiletexperts.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=21 Toilets Experts 800-327-3022

Thank goodness for this forum leading me to find a way to order a part. I really love the toilet, well as much as you can love a toilet ;)
Wanda

Amen! July 2015 and HD is still clueless about replacement parts. The cable from the push button to the flush valve corroded off at the push button end and I was afraid I would have to buy a whole new toilet just because a 2-cent part failed. If Toilet Experts comes through with the parts (fingers crossed) we'll be back in business.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks