Tub Trap replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

jhuppman1

Reaction score
I have installed new tub and now need to replace the existing brass trap since it does not line up with new tub drain and it is not adjustable. The Plumber is recommending PVC trap tied into the existing copper drain line. Is this my best option? If so, should this new PVC be all glue joints, are compression fitting allowed for under floor installations?
Any information would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind PVC, but want to make sure it is installed properly.
Thank you.

jhuppman1

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick feed backs.
The drain waste and overflow is black pvc and not a "trip lever" operated one. The drain has a spring pop up and the overflow is top inlet "deep soak" type made by American Standard, I thought to go with the Tub which is also American Standard Americast (30 X 60).

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IN that case, you can probably angle the pipe from the bottom drain to the trap location and then "offset" the overflow pipe to line up with its opening. It would be a simple task for any competent plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks