Tub/Shower plumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by REXAMUS, Oct 10, 2012.

1. REXAMUS

REXAMUS New Member

Would either of these setups be better than the other? It's for a tub/shower combo.

plumbquestion.png
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Only the top one works. The vent comes after the trap.
  3. REXAMUS

REXAMUS New Member

Oh yea. You get to thinking about things too hard and forget the easy things. Thanks!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

that is why WE are plumbers and you are whatever you are.
  5. REXAMUS

REXAMUS New Member

Exactly...and I would have rather had someone else do it but the last one turned out to be an idiot. :-\
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; and I would have rather had someone else do it but the last one turned out to be an idiot. :-\

In that case either he was NOT a plumber, or you did not do "due diligence" before you hired him. I am sure he is NOT the only plumber in your area, therefore do NOT tar all of them with the same brush. If you hire a "franchise" company, you are hiring the company, NOT the person who is going to do the work, so you have no idea what you will get.