Tub repair options

Users who are viewing this thread

mgb2

Reaction score
Due to an incident with a ladder and a falling human, I have tub situation I'm trying to figure out. It's a drop-in Roman tub with the faucet coming through the corner of the tub, not the surrounding deck. The spout was hit, resulting in a decent amount of cracking in the surface coat of the tub around the spout opening. (See attached pic.)

Based on what it exposed below the damage, I'm assuming this is a fiberglass/gelcoat tub.

Now, what to do? Given the location, I would think some kind of flat trim could be applied to the area and cover the damage. Does anyone know of such an item? I would assume a gelcoat repair could be done as well. I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone may have.

20150905_195324.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mgb2

Reaction score
Think it's one of those things where it's well worth it to pay for someone with experience?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Think it's one of those things where it's well worth it to pay for someone with experience?

There are outfits that repair gelcoat chips. They can make that look like new again. Yes. Worth it.

Though I have been getting calls lately for replacing polished brass with something else. Anything else it seems. :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote;
replacing polished brass with something else. Anything else it seems. :)

first it was Antique Brass, then polished brass, now its Oil Rubbed Bronze. Who know what the next craze will be.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks