Tub overflow re-direct

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by denikar, Apr 27, 2013.

1. denikar

denikar New Member

Hi all,

In order to install a new tub the overflow needs to be offset a bit so the drain stub doesn't hit a floor joist. Is it OK to do this? (nothing has been glued yet)

Bathroom Project 1137sm.JPG

Also this is a Kohler PVC drain kit. If you notice the overflow head has a nut on it assuming so you can adjust the angle to match the tub slope. Is it OK to bury this in a wall with no access panel?? I have access from underneath so can check for leaks after installing, but once it is installed nobody will be able to replace the joint without pulling the tub out.

Thanks,

Tim