Tub molding

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry J

Reaction score
I had a new tub placed, and it seems like they cut the linolium floor too much, they tried to use chaulking to hold the floor in place against the tub, but it's been three months and the edge is starting to rise.

I had the floor guy come in to look, and he said that I could try a pice of quarter round painted white to solve my problem.

The problem now is that my tub base is not entirely straight. It curves towards the tub at the ends approx. 1 3/4 at both ends curves.

I looked up on line for flexible molding, I found two sites

www.flexibletrim.com

www.trimster.com

Just wanted to get suggestions or ideas

Thanks

Barry

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could try a piece of quarter round or "shoe moulding" in white plastic, which would be quite flexible. Then secure it to the floor with small/thin stainless ring-shank nails at frequent intervals.

The moulding would have to be wide enough to everlap the floor covering by enough to hold it down.

You could apply a little caulking or sealant such as white silicone between the moulding and the tub.

If the edge of the curled flooring is too hard to flatten you may have to cut it back by 1/8".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks