Tub molding

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Barry J, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Barry J

Barry J New Member

I had a new tub placed, and it seems like they cut the linolium floor too much, they tried to use chaulking to hold the floor in place against the tub, but it's been three months and the edge is starting to rise.

I had the floor guy come in to look, and he said that I could try a pice of quarter round painted white to solve my problem.

The problem now is that my tub base is not entirely straight. It curves towards the tub at the ends approx. 1 3/4 at both ends curves.

I looked up on line for flexible molding, I found two sites

www.flexibletrim.com

www.trimster.com

Just wanted to get suggestions or ideas

Thanks

Barry
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Nothing "flexible" is going to hold the linoleum down once it starts to bend because it was not secured properly.
  3. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

You could try a piece of quarter round or "shoe moulding" in white plastic, which would be quite flexible. Then secure it to the floor with small/thin stainless ring-shank nails at frequent intervals.

The moulding would have to be wide enough to everlap the floor covering by enough to hold it down.

You could apply a little caulking or sealant such as white silicone between the moulding and the tub.

If the edge of the curled flooring is too hard to flatten you may have to cut it back by 1/8".