tub grab bar

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by goat53, Dec 15, 2006.

1. goat53

goat53 New Member

I have a few fiberglass tub/shower units that the built in grab bar is broken or missing ,, I can't seem to find any supplier of these locally ( Ga ) we have a Maxx and Bath Craft plant here and they will not sell parts . Does anyone know of a parts supplier for these items ??
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Most manufacturers can not sell to individuals due to contract agreements with dealers. I would think that they would be able to give you the name of a local dealer that you could go through. Perhaps a Google search would find a dealer.
  3. Randyj

Randyj Master Plumber

Depending on what it looks like / how it's made... if it is just a short piece of solid plastic I'd just look for replacement stock...some type of similar material that could be cut to length.
  4. goat53

goat53 New Member

The rubber / plastic grommets / seals are the biggest hold up have a supplier of the actual round stock , and we have 7 local plumbing supply specialty stores here ,, they can't buy from the mfg either nor will the mfg give anyone a hint as to the supplier they use .
    We have used the round stock with screws in at the tub wall to stop side play and caulked the hole around the ends ( covering the screws ) with GE silicone caulk , but in the newer appartments this just don't look very good .
  5. Pewterpower

Pewterpower New Member

Just a shot in the dark, but........ have you tried e b a y ?
  6. Randyj

Randyj Master Plumber

You might have to look for something silly like those little plastic hole covers used in computer desks, boats, and other things that wires or cables run thru.... just a suggestion... just because it says that its for a whirly gig doesn't mean that you can't use it for a jackalope skinner.
  7. Cass

Cass Plumber

Even if you got a new bar there may be no way to keep it in place. They are normaly held in place behind the wall set.