Tub filler keeps flowing when shower is on

Users who are viewing this thread

old_car_eddie

Reaction score
THANKS in advance for anyone's help!

My old house was remodeled about 5 years ago, and a shower head was added to my original 1935 tub. New el-cheapo Delta faucets (the ones with individual hot and cold knobs and a third knob to activate the shower head) were installed.

The problem is when I twist the shower knob, water comes out of the shower head exactly as one would expect, however, about half of the water continues to come out of the tub filler spout.

Consequently, I am losing about half of my hot water right down the drain.

FYI:

Half the water comes out the tub filler regardless if the knobs are turned to all cold, all hot or half of both.

There are no problems with flow from the tub filler when using it to fill the tub.

I've attached a photo of the diverter.

THANKS for any help anyone can offer!

-- EDDIE

Attachments

• black tub 2nd.JPG
    black tub 2nd.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 263

Cookie

Reaction score
It is obvious that your diverter stem needs to be replaced, replace it and it should work properly.

old_car_eddie

Reaction score
It worked! It worked! THANKS!

I replaced the diverter stem washers and it has worked perfectly! THANKS! -- Eddie

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks