Tub filler keeps flowing when shower is on

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by old_car_eddie, Jan 14, 2008.

1. old_car_eddie

old_car_eddie New Member

THANKS in advance for anyone's help!

My old house was remodeled about 5 years ago, and a shower head was added to my original 1935 tub. New el-cheapo Delta faucets (the ones with individual hot and cold knobs and a third knob to activate the shower head) were installed.

The problem is when I twist the shower knob, water comes out of the shower head exactly as one would expect, however, about half of the water continues to come out of the tub filler spout.

Consequently, I am losing about half of my hot water right down the drain.

FYI:

Half the water comes out the tub filler regardless if the knobs are turned to all cold, all hot or half of both.

There are no problems with flow from the tub filler when using it to fill the tub.

I've attached a photo of the diverter.

THANKS for any help anyone can offer!

-- EDDIE

Attached Files:

2. Cookie

Cookie .

It is obvious that your diverter stem needs to be replaced, replace it and it should work properly.
  3. old_car_eddie

old_car_eddie New Member

It worked! It worked! THANKS!

I replaced the diverter stem washers and it has worked perfectly! THANKS! -- Eddie