Tub Faucet Diverter Valve Leaks Despite Replacement

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by blacrm03, Apr 30, 2006.

1. blacrm03

blacrm03 New Member

I'm a fairly new homeowner with very little plumbing experience. When I pull the diverter valve up to take a shower, water still comes out of the faucet. I thought it would just take a new tub faucet & finally got around to replacing it this weekend. Unfortunately, water still comes out of the faucet when the diverter valve is pulled up. Any idea why this may be? Could the water pressure be too high for the diverter valve to completely work? I would appreciate any help! Thank you.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

This is not usually a pressure issue. You may have some debris that got into the diverter slide gate area. Or maybe it is just a cheap part. The easiest thing to do is put another new spout on, and see if that fixes it.