Tub drains poorly after handyman works on bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We went out to look at a slow tub drain for a customer. My son Jamie goes out, and pulls out the waste and overflow to snake the drain. He pulls out the assembly, which is not even attached to the faceplate, and with the plastic shipping bag still on the bucket. Did the handymen that did the remodel do this on purpose? Or was this some sort of sabotage?

mose_tub_drain.jpg

I've never understood people that do things to what should be good work. There is something wrong with that kind of thinking.

The other time we went to this job, the remodel contractor had taken pliers to a brand new Delta valve and bent it into a mess. That had to be replaced before the tub could be used.

This was two guys working without a business license, without insurance and without a bond.

You will notice the split pin that should have held the drain assembly to the faceplate. It's still stuck there with tape. Guys, next time at least read instructions.

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
I think with the lack of precise instructions , there is no way for a handy one to know ....or better said not care at all.

photo.JPG

The print on the instructions were not precise in saying that '' the styrofoam shower pan was not to be used as a storage area '' .

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I think with the lack of precise instructions , there is no way for a handy one to know

And do you REALLY believe that someone who would do this type of work would actually READ any instructions, assuming they could even read?

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
HJ. Im thinkin that the patina on the jb weld is an upsell in regards to property value? Custom and antiquated!!!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks