Tub Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Chrisk327

Reaction score
I'm in the process of remodeling my bathroom. We bought the tub, just not the drain yet.

The guy at the kitchen/bath place gave me a price of $122 for a Gerber drain in Brushed nickel, brass construction, then tells me the "better" one is $188 PVC construction, different brand.

I can go to Home Depot and buy a chrome drain, brass construction for $30, i can buy the brushed nickel kit for $20. is there any reason i should not do this?

Also, I looked online, price of a Gerber driain in brushed nickel is 80 something list....

Is there a reason to buy any brand in particular?

thanks

Chris

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The BN kit at HD for $20 is probably PVC tubular. A Gerber kit is much sturdier. The tub drain is something you want to "set it and forget it". Your guy's markup seems a little steep, but you want him to do an excellent job for you, he's entitled to make a living.

Chrisk327

Reaction score
Are you saying the Gerber is much better than HD brand for the same product? Brass for Brass?

Also, i meant for the $20 was a trim kit on top of the $30 for the brass drain.

I want to put it in and forget it... but I don't wanna throw money away.

What brand should I buy? I'm not looking high end, just not crap. I want durable and reliable.
thanks
Chris

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks