Tub drain trip lever stuck in pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

rdsnake

Reaction score
Replacing some of my bathtub shower drains and it appears the trip level linkage is stuck in the drain pipe. I planned on replacing the leakage with a plate and pop up drain in which I would emlimiate the linkage all together. Any tricks to get it it out? I guess I could just remove the plate and leave the linkage in there but I would feel like a hack.

Attachments

• IMG_8678.JPG
    IMG_8678.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 548

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a plumber. I would put a flat blade screwdriver tip in there and pry up the linkage at an available spot, while pivoting the blade on the bottom of the hole. If there was no pry point inside, I would just pull harder.

rdsnake

Reaction score
I grabbed the metal linkage with pliers and gave it a strong pull. She isn't moving.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks