Tub Drain Install ????

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by gtpvette, Jun 16, 2008.

1. gtpvette

gtpvette New Member

Hi all,,,
    You guys gave me so much good info on the last bath remodel I'm at it again. With that, I'm replacing a 1958 cast iron tub with a slightly larger Kohler model. The drain will need to move a bit so that will need to be reworked,,,, but what I'm really wondering about is how do you hook up the drain?

What I mean is the Kohler doc implies you install the tub drain, overflow and pipes then install the tub. That's fine,,, but how do you then attach it to the existing pipes? I have a 1 story with a concrete slab and I have no idea how I would reach under there to attach the pipes.

The other way would seen to be get the drain and overflow in place,,,,, then install the tub, then screw everthing in.

So how exactly is this done???

Thanks in advance!!

Fred
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

You have the picture! Measure very carefully!
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Drain first,
    Drop the tub,
    Then attach the lower part of the drain and the overflow

I prefer to use waste and overflows with slip joints on slabs, it gives me some way to adjust after the fact.