Tub drain hole 3/8" off Level

Users who are viewing this thread

tom-J

Reaction score
Solution Found! AS will send a repair person to regrind the drain hole flat as it should be. On inspection the thickness of the material around drain varies by at least 1/8" front to back. I am guessing that caused the leveling problem.

New American Standard acrylic drop in model 2422. With the drain flange hand tight the horizontal tube that runs to the vertical overflow tube is off 3/8" from level. Slopes up towards top of the tub. What is the solution?
1. Thicker gasket? What is it called? 2. Cut the brass tube and add a flexible slip joint? What am I missing?
Is there a better solution? I am using their overflow and drain hardware. The drain tube and flange are one piece and parallel. Would AS possibly manufacture a drain and tube that would compensate for the drain hole?
Do I need to force the the drain and tub to make it level. The material around the drain hole is thin enough to force it but I am afraid of cracking the acrylic?
thanks tom

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
..... Do I need to force the the drain and tub to make it level. ....

That is most likely not the right way to do it.

What does the washer or rubber fitting look like? Can it be tweaked a little to offset the pitch?

Maybe the drain kit is crap. Any chance of trying another make?

tom-J

Reaction score
Semi hard rubber gasket about 1/8" thick.
The drain kit is all brass from AS and is specific to to these tubs.
I have only installed one other brand tub and that flange, basket and tube were all mounted level into the waste line.
Maybe I'll call AS and see if they can help.
thanks tom

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks