Tub Drain Hair Trap

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by bmetelsky, Jul 8, 2011.

1. bmetelsky

bmetelsky New Member

I bought a home 6 months ago that has two full bathrooms. The upstairs bathtub drain was in disrepair when we bought the home. The stopper was basically removed and is nowhere to be found. I am interested in simply putting a hair trap in the tub to prevent hair from just washing down into the plumbing. I don't need a functional drain stopper as this bathroom is never used for baths, only showers. I am looking for some guidance on how to put a hair trap (not sure if that is the correct term) in place. Thanks in advance. Drain.jpg
  2. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

Welcome to Terry's Forums,

You can buy one that goes into the drain, or one that lays flat over the top if it. At WM or BB store. Taiwan Junk.

You can uses a good Wet/Dry vac to suck any hair that is already in the drain, before installing.

Have a great day.

DonL
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There are "drop in" strainer baskets, but they will NOT fit your drain because of the two "lugs" in it.