Tub Drain Hair Trap

Users who are viewing this thread

bmetelsky

Reaction score
I bought a home 6 months ago that has two full bathrooms. The upstairs bathtub drain was in disrepair when we bought the home. The stopper was basically removed and is nowhere to be found. I am interested in simply putting a hair trap in the tub to prevent hair from just washing down into the plumbing. I don't need a functional drain stopper as this bathroom is never used for baths, only showers. I am looking for some guidance on how to put a hair trap (not sure if that is the correct term) in place. Thanks in advance.

Drain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Welcome to Terry's Forums,

You can buy one that goes into the drain, or one that lays flat over the top if it. At WM or BB store. Taiwan Junk.

You can uses a good Wet/Dry vac to suck any hair that is already in the drain, before installing.

Have a great day.

DonL

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are "drop in" strainer baskets, but they will NOT fit your drain because of the two "lugs" in it.

hair-in-drain.jpg

A lav drain before and after with the p-trap off.

hair-in-drain-4.jpg

Hair found under the tub drain stopper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks