Tub Drain Doesn't Line Up with Tub

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Brad Boyes, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Brad Boyes

Brad Boyes New Member

Maybe I am paranoid but better safe than sorry. I installed a new PVC drain before installing my tub. The problem is, when I look down the drain hole in the tub, the drain is about 1/2" off center from the tub drain. I haven't tried installing the chrome ring yet. Do I need to take the cement board off and take the tub out and move the drain over or just install the chrome ring by reaching underneath the tub and pushing the drain over?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried?
    It either works or it doesn't.

It's an art getting that just perfect. Lately, I seem to be very artfull. :)
  3. Brad Boyes

Brad Boyes New Member

I can make it work. I was worried about stressing the drain. Thanks for your help
  4. dj2

dj2 Member

PVC drain pieces can take the pressure of 1/2" misalignment in the tub drain. Another thing: you can also adjust the angle where the tub drain meets the vertical drain in the wall.