Tub connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Footman_75

Renovating
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm in the process of connecting a Maax Tub, which conceals all connections inside an apron. Based on this design, I am going to use braided connector hoses. (Alternatively, I could rip open the ceiling underneath, and solder from underneath once tub is in place, but since the tub itself does not fasten to the floor, I'm concerned that any minor jostling of the tub could threaten a directly-soldered connection.)

Here are my questions:

1) Should I be concerned about connecting a tub with braided hoses? If so, why?
2) If not, then do I go ahead and use a 3/8 - 1/2 hose?

Thanks for any feedback.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1. They ALL specify that they should NOT be used in concealed locations
2. The actual opening in the supplies, along with the length you will need, will reduce the volume considerably which will increase the time it takes to fill the tub.
3. Any "jostling" of the tub will have greater consequences on the drain connection, that it will on the water supplies.
4. SECURE THE TUB IN PLACE. Do not "loose lay" it.

Footman_75

Renovating
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, esp regarding "loose lay."

On review, it is clear that the apron gets fastened to floor. The tub interior -- being the tub itself and all connections -- then fits on top of the apron's edge with a bead of caulk around this joint.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks