TSU24A fill valve installation instructions?

Users who are viewing this thread

cutter

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help with this (I'm sure simple) issue. Even though I do visit this site on occasion and bought a Toto Drake several years ago after learning about them here., I've never really had the need to search for an answer to a problem until now. So I just registered so I could ask for help.

Our Drake was having the problem with water continuing to run for a long time after flushing, and after reading of similar problems, I decided to splurge and buy a new fill valve. Unfortunately, our local Lowes had only the generic Korky 528, so I bought that thinking it would be okay. Well, it flushes fine, but as others have discovered, the bowl doesn't fill as high as it should. I couldn't find a 528T anywhere and rather than buying online and waiting (and paying extra) for having one shipped, I remembered there is a plumbing supply place nearby who deals with Toto. I called them and picked up a new Toto fill valve this morning. That's when I noticed that it looks different than the Korky. I was told that Toto has pretty much replaced all their old valves with new versions and the only difference is whether you have a one-piece or two-piece model. For our Drake he sold me this new TSU24A.

I'm sure it should be simple enough to install, but I'm the type who likes to be sure before diving in. I can't find any instructions for this thing anywhere. It's different looking enough from the Korky that it has me wondering about how to adjust the height and lock it in place, etc. Does anyone know of any instructions online so I don't mess up? or should I just return this and buy a Korky 528T online?

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Usually, you can just replace the cap on the Korky fill valve (about $3 at Lowes) and fix any run-on. If you still have the old valve, you can also probably swap the restrictors on the old and new valve. Not sure how the other valve adjusts...is this the one with the screw slot on the top?

cutter

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I've already tossed the old G-Max valve, so nothing to salvage there. Yes, this new one has a protruding screw slot on the top. Now that you mention that, it seems logical that that would be one way to adjust the height. Here's a pic. Not sure what that little black washer thing is for, which is another reason I like to work with instructions.

00512284.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For those that have a similar problem, and have the old style valve similar to the Korky,
The replacement cap for $2.47 is the easy fix.
Here are instructions for that.
www.terrylove.com/korky

Korky 528T Replacement TOTO Toilet Fill Valve - Fits G-Max and Power Gravity Toilets -Easy to Install -Made in USA

Lowes Hardware has these parts, Home Depot doesn't.
I hope this helps.

Or you can replace the fill valve with a MaxPerformace by Korky.
The standard 528 Korky does not refill the bowl. The MaxPerformance Korky does.

Last edited:

cutter

Reaction score
Thank you, Terry! The contractor left me a basic two-page installation brochure, but I never got those instructions you posted. That's very helpful.

jmary

Reaction score
Toto TSU24A installation

Our plumber recently installed a TSU24A valve in a Toto toilet. One of other Totos needed the same part but he only had one with him. So he gave us the info on where to buy another. Unfortunately, it did not come with installation instructions and appears to be missing a washer. Can you supply installation instructions? I saw a separate post where you supplied a link but the link does not work.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
From the TOTO instructions

Replacement Procedure
1) Shut off the water supply to the toilet.
2) Flush toilet and remove remaining water from tank with a sponge.
3) Remove the water supply connection at the fill valve.
4) Remove old fill valve and use damp sponge to clean hole in tank.
5) Place new fill valve inside tank hole.
6) Thread mounting nut onto fill valve shank and tighten the nut.
NOTE: Do not over-tighten. Be sure to install fill valve in a position that does not
interfere with the trip lever operation.
7) Connect water supply to fill valve shank and hand-tighten only.
NOTE: Do not overtighten. These are plastic parts. Never use pipe dope on any
water supply connection.
8) Attach refill tube to fill valve nipple and clip other end of refill tube to the overflow
pipe.
9) Turn water supply ON and check for leaks outside the tank.
NOTE: As water fills the tank, water is also directed into the overflow tube via the
refill tube. This additional flow of water is critical to refilling your toilet’s bowl.
Once the water stops filling the tank, some residual drops of wate

Or you can replace the fill valve with a MaxPerformace by Korky.
The standard 528 Korky does not refill the bowl. The MaxPerformance Korky does.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks