Trying to remove Oatey Casper's SBCCI ES drain cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Sheepbiter

Reaction score
I'm trying to temporarily remove an Oatey Casper's SBCCI ES drain cover so I can clean underneath. I used needle-nose pliers to turn it counter-clockwise, but it just goes about half a turn and that doesn't seem to make it screw out at all. I've tried prying it up using a screwdriver and a small pry bar, but I'm afraid of damaging it. What is the proper way to do this, if it can be done?

ATTACH=full]31107[/ATTACH]

Thanks.

Attachments

• 0925150927b.jpg
    0925150927b.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 3,523
Last edited by a moderator:

Chaunspecial

Reaction score
A flat blade screwdriver.
They push in.
Sometimes you can even uses your fingernails to lift them up.

I recently purchased a house that has the same same shower drain cover, however my issue is that I need to replace it because the strainer parts are broken off. I tried to use a flathead screwdriver to pry it up but I heard some cracking and was afraid I would shatter it and pieces would fall down the drain. This house is at a different city but after finding this forum, I'll give it another try when I go back there. Will any universal cover fit once I remove this broken cover? I have purchased an Oatey 4-1/4" Universal Snap-Tite Shower Strainer. Please see the attached pictures.

FC96DB79-F1EA-4836-A26E-47A7D52C3467.jpeg
6898A9F1-EE76-49CB-A479-06B0ABCA3271.jpeg
D38D724B-424C-4719-932B-F7541E32A704.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks