Trying to make sense of Moen Hydrolock Connector - PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by gt4play, Jul 15, 2011.

1. gt4play

gt4play New Member

Hi Folks,

I purchased this Moen faucet second hand - I thought I was getting a great deal until I realized some parts were missing (after the fact). I thought I had it figured out after some online research a visit to an awesome local plumbing shop.

I picked up a Hydrolock Connector - seemed straight forward enough. But I'm convinced something else is missing (or I have a different version of the connector).

From the picture below, the problem is the brass return line from the base of the faucet. The only way it will securely fasten in the connector is by pressing it all the way in - which leaves no room for the hose end.

Can somebody please tell me what I'm missing? Thanks!!

[​IMG]

Chris
    Mt Airy, MD
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I am missing the picture. Usually you shove the hose into the connector and press the lock, then push it onto the faucet and do the same thing.