Trying to figure out who made shower trim/valve

Users who are viewing this thread

lojoma

Reaction score
I would like to replace the shower trim pieces but I can't figure out the markings.

There are no numbers on the valve. The only place where it is marked is on the back of the big plate...it has P12040 and a little "omf" in a kind of oval.

The handle lifts and turns side to side. The handle is attached to a square post (not diamond like Delta but the top of the square is parallel to floor if that makes sense).

Anyone know the manufacturer?

Thanks! photo.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are several valves that operate like that, American Standard being one of them. A picture of the stem and cartridge might help since the color is sometimes unique to a cartridge.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The fact that the manufacturer is so proud of that valve, they neglect to put their name on the escutcheon....is not a good sign!!!!!!!

lojoma

Reaction score
That thought did cross my mind. I will remodel this bath in the next year or so but just trying to update it a little to tide us over. Really hope someone can identify or at least have an idea of how to find a replacement trim set for a square-holed lever handle.

I will have some time this weekend to take it apart and photo the cartridge. Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF you check around, you might find a specialty plumbing company which has Newport Brass or Jado, which would be the two most likely prospects of the ones they supply parts to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks