Trying to figure out who made shower trim/valve

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by lojoma, Nov 2, 2010.

1. lojoma

lojoma New Member

I would like to replace the shower trim pieces but I can't figure out the markings.

There are no numbers on the valve. The only place where it is marked is on the back of the big plate...it has P12040 and a little "omf" in a kind of oval.

The handle lifts and turns side to side. The handle is attached to a square post (not diamond like Delta but the top of the square is parallel to floor if that makes sense).

Anyone know the manufacturer?

Thanks! photo.jpg
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There are several valves that operate like that, American Standard being one of them. A picture of the stem and cartridge might help since the color is sometimes unique to a cartridge.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The fact that the manufacturer is so proud of that valve, they neglect to put their name on the escutcheon....is not a good sign!!!!!!!
  4. lojoma

lojoma New Member

That thought did cross my mind. I will remodel this bath in the next year or so but just trying to update it a little to tide us over. Really hope someone can identify or at least have an idea of how to find a replacement trim set for a square-holed lever handle.

I will have some time this weekend to take it apart and photo the cartridge. Thanks.
  5. hj

Very few manufacturers put their names on their faucets.
  6. lojoma

lojoma New Member

7. hj

IF you check around, you might find a specialty plumbing company which has Newport Brass or Jado, which would be the two most likely prospects of the ones they supply parts to.