Trying to decide between Fleck 5600SXT and 7000SXT

Users who are viewing this thread

firelikeiya

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a residential water softener. A friend of mine recommended Ohio Pure Water as a place to purchase. I filled out their online questionnaire and they came back recommending a Fleck 5600SXT 40k. I have a 3.75 bathroom house with 2 adults and 4 children. 1" plumbing going to 2 water heaters (1 for each side of the house). When I filled out their online questionnaire, the max water flow rate I recorded was 5.6gpm from a bath tube faucet. The 5600SXT can apparently handle this no problem but the fact that my house plumbing T's off through 2 separate water heaters makes me think that it should be accounted for in some way. Would a 7000 series be a better fit for my household? If I order from them it would apparently be the same tank just different heads so I don't know how that affects flow through a softener.

Also, here is a link to my water supply confidence report: http://www.chcid.org/WaterQual/2014CCRAnnualReport.pdf

I have access to a water lab at work and tested Ph and hardness there. I was getting 7 for the Ph and 150 for total hardness. The confidence report shows a Ph around 8 and a hardness level around 180.

Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks