troublingshooting low pressure

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by bort, Apr 13, 2006.

1. bort

bort New Member

My well-pump was running good, until I pulled on the hose to hard and pulled the upper PVC section completely off the pump, that contained the hose bib, 1†PVC pipe and the bladder. I replaced the upper section and PVC and used Teflon Tape for the connections. After priming, the pump pressure from the hose bib appears to only be about ¼ the pressure it was before this happened.

I disassembled the pump and motor and looked inside the pump, and the it looked good.

Next I rebuilt the upper section again, but this time with Galvanized Steel. It didn't help the pressure.

Next I replaced the 1 ¼ inch PVC piping and the check valve on the intake side of the pump. It still only pumps about ¼ of what it did before.

Help! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

bort
  2. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Will it make pressure if you turn off the water faucet? If so, how much?

bob...