Trouble removing bath faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Iam4

Reaction score
Hi. I'm having trouble removing a shower faucet with a stuck diverter.

At the far end of the faucet on the wall there's a rather large hole. I looked up with a mirror and can see the copper pipe. Now near the diverter end, on the underside too, there is a very tiny hole. I tried to use different size Allen wrenches to loosen a set nut (I assume one should be there?) without any luck. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

I assume this is an American Standard because the tub and shower handle say this. But I don't see a name on the faucet.

Thanks!!!
image.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Many tub diverters just screw onto a nipple. I am not saying that yours is one of them. Look under the faucet at the wall with a mirror to see if you can see a screw.

Iam4

Reaction score
Many tub diverters just screw onto a nipple. I am not saying that yours is one of them. Look under the faucet at the wall with a mirror to see if you can see a screw.
No luck. I see the pipe and that's it. The hole is elongated and surprisingly large.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would stick a screwdriver to help grip or something into the spout and rotate the spout CCW. I am not a plumber. You might want to wait until somebody else knows specifically about that spout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks