Trouble installing sink

Users who are viewing this thread

David95966

Reaction score
Hi

I'm trying to install a Kraus KVC 150 sink and a Grohe faucet. See photos below. I'm confused a about several things.

The directions, included below say to cut a 5" hole in the new countertop. How is the sink attached to the counter. Only by the drain? Do I drill a hole for the supply line or does it go through the 5" hole? Why is there a hole on the back vertical wall? Why do the direction recommend the sink be offset from the wall?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The thread of the faucet are different from the supply. Home Depot sold me an adepter, but the faucet supply lines are not long enough. What part should I get?

image.jpg

The drain tube is not long enough. What part extends it to the trap area?

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They recommend offsetting it from the wall so the faucet will fit behind it. Apparently whoever wrote the instructions did not look at the sink to see that it had a faucet mount hole on the rim The hole on the back surface is the overflow opening. If you look at the side view it shows a sink without the back ledge and the faucet mounted on the countertop behind the sink. You glue the sink down. That fitting should NOT connect to your valve without leaking, the two threads are incompatible.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The faucet supplies are 3/8" compression.

I'm not sure what your wall stops are, but normally I would pick up whatever fits those, with two choices.

Wall stop thread (normally 3/8" comp, by 1/2" and a 3/8" comp by 1/2 MIP fitting to connect them.
Delta supply, This is a 3/8" comp female by 3/8" comp male

Extending a drain down, either a longer threaded 1-1/4" tail piece
or an extension using slip joint nut and washer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks