Trouble in paradise (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Let me explain this way Don. Sometimes, one sees only what they want to see.

I can feel very sorry for myself when I think of all my health problems. Then, I will think of people who died from what I got. “I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet," this erupts from the center of my soul.

I think of the other countries whereas, everyday is a struggle for survivial, looking for food, water, shelter, forget even medical care, and, then when I step back and look at mine, I feel blessed.

I know I can't change the world, I know I can't change even anything in my country, but, I can try to be the best person I can be. If there is a wrong I try to right it, fight it, make it better.

If you own a house and it becomes a home, you are a rich man. If you can leave your kids anything in monetary gains, a house, and the memories of a happy childhood, they too, are rich.

There is a thin line between rich and greed. I am happy with knowing I own my home, I am happy to work to pay for it, and when I die, I am happy to leave it to my kids. I am happy to pay my own way and my fair share.

I feel honored to be able to do this.

If you talk to some people they think, we should have more taxes, less churches and less God in anything or everything. They do not understand America, in God we trust

I know a man who suffers without any eyes and without hands. They were blown off by a mine in a war. Tell him their isn't an American dream or the dream isn't good enough or meets with your satisfaction. Visit a Vet hospital.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
They fought for your freedom not for the dream.

Freedom doesn't put food on your table or a roof over your head.

Neither does God (he dishes out inner peace).

A job does and, in hard times like these or for the less fortunate, Government and taxes.

The deficit is not a spending problem. It is a tax problem...namely the rich do not pay their fair share.

Now, where are those vets?

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Ian, the Vets? Are you serious? Freedom doesn't put food on my table. Tell that to the people whose country get rationed. We all know you don't like God no more than Americans so that is your choice maybe, that is why you need something to believe in so much more than yourself. When you say the rich doesn't dish out their fair amount, what is fair to you Ian? What would make your boat float? And, the American Dream? It is our freedoms Ian. Maybe, when you continue working at your job here in the US long enough, you will realize that. But, maybe not... you are here for the job. The money.

Cookie

Reaction score
The GOAL is set below . View the video and pass it on . While this is a Marine Base , it is appropriate to all services.

The goal is 10,000,000 views

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone that can do him absolutely no good."

Please watch and forward: The goal is 10,000,000 views. Watch for the Marine who bends down to shake a little girl's hand. See what she does.
Please watch to the end of the program so it counts as a viewing and then FORWARD!

http://media.causes.com/576542?p_id=92681239

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'm actually rather disgusted Cookie that it takes a charity to do that for that brave solider.

The Government should provide those priviledges for all injured soliders, not just the chosen few on the whim of charitable Americans.

But that is your freedom. The freedom not to care, not to contribute and free ride.

That is why you need big taxes and big Government to make everyone contribute to society, regardless of religion, race or background.

And what is fair for the rich? That they pay proportionally more in tax than the poor. That means no tax breaks for them, for a start.

Let them complain that they will move their jobs abroad. And then talk to their wives to see if they will really leave their plush lives in America.

Take it from me. The rich and their families will pay more tax and there will be no impact on jobs. But poor Americans will benefit greatly.

And then we will have the Dream. All critically injured soldiers will get the house they are entitled to. And poor, sick Americans will get the medical treatment they deserve.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
So, I take it Ian, that your King builds all your disabled Vets a home, a NICE home like that? WOW!

Cookie

Reaction score
What's your Vet hospitals like Ian? How often do you volunteer? Oh, I mean, not volunteer, um, do they pay your volunteers? LOL...

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
There are very generous Government benefits for members of the British armed forces seriously wounded in war. Those eligible for a war pension can earn the same as someone in a well paying job through incapacity benefit. My father-in-law (ex-navy) is a case in point. He had to fight to get those benefits though.

And there is no need to volunteer when there are paid professionals to do that job for you.

That way you can focus on your job, earn more and pay more in taxes! A happy circle.

Why should I put out fires at the weekend when my taxes pay for someone younger, fitter and better trained than me to do that?

You guys will do anything to save a dime in taxes!

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Can you show me some of the houses your King built for the soldiers? I would be interested in seeing them.

Cookie

Reaction score
We have VA benefits as well. Our soldiers also get the pensions, as well as their spouses and children. When they die, their are even, Spousal Survival Benefits, with or without kids. I am able to collect my husbands, since he was active duty. The VA takes care of their own.

Better than yours.

Plus, we have generous people who give of their time and skills. I volunteer because I want to, not out of a need which they need.

I volunteer because I need to... Maybe, you should too, Ian. Maybe, you need to give something of yourself to someone else, for absolutely no gain.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I volunteer because I need to... Maybe, you should too, Ian. Maybe, you need to give something of yourself to someone else, for absolutely no gain.

I give my taxes to others for no personal gain.

That is my contribution to society.

Why do Americans tolerate the notion that you only give if you want to?

We should all give because we have to!

I pay taxes. And we should all pay more taxes to a Big Government.

Here are the houses:

http://environment.uwe.ac.uk/video/cd_new_demo/conweb/house_ages/council_housing/print.htm

We can't leave it to volunteers, church nor charity.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I will take my volunteer built house with the voice-activated Toto any day over, your govn built whatever, it is, kind of house. Thank you. :)

By the way, maybe, some volunteers could had built better houses for the King.

Cookie

Reaction score
Ian, did you know that out of all the tax payers in the country the top 2 or 3% pay 41% of all the taxes paid. You say, "they should pay more," tell me, how much more they should pay. You said, "proportionate to their earnings," so, how much of the total tax bill should they pay.

Cookie

Reaction score
And, that is a fact. :) Feb.2, 2010
http://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/how-america-pays-taxes-vs-other-wealthy-countries

A popular discussion topic in most countries is the distribution of income taxes – that is, who pays the most. While much is said and written about who should pay more or less, surprisingly little attention is given to who actually pays more or less. A look at the data on tax distribution in the United States, for instance, reveals that high income individuals pay an enormously disproportionate amount of total income taxes in the country. The Tax Foundation’s Fiscal Facts report shows that the top 1% of income earners (1,410,710 people) pay 40.42% of all income taxes in the United States. The top 2.5% (5,642,839 people) pay 20.20% of total income taxes, while the top 5% (a combined 7,053,549 people) pay 60%. The top 10% as a whole pays 71.22%, while the bottom 50% of taxpayers account for only 2.89% of all income taxes. Indeed, the Tax Foundation’s Scott Hodges cited ,”…an OECD study released last year showing that the U.S.—not France or Sweden—has the most progressive income tax system among OECD nations.”

While most western European nations have similarly progressive taxation structures, the “super-rich” are not always saddled with so much of the burden. ThisIsMoney (the UK’s Financial Website of the Year) reported in June 2007 that, “…only a fraction of Britain’s super-rich are paying income tax.” While “…at least 400 UK-based individuals earn, or are capable of making, £10m a year”, it was determined that “…only 65 paid income tax, according to the latest figures obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.” The tax structure in Canada mirrors that of the United States, with The Canadian Encyclopedia stating that, “…Canada’s most affluent citizens already pay the majority of the nation’s tax bill, and our reliance on revenue from the wealthiest citizens is growing.” This is confirmed by the fact that although, “…the wealthiest 10 percent of tax filers earned 35.7 percent of the total income” between 1990 and 2002, “…1976 and 2004, the after-tax income gap between the richest and poorest families barely budged from 8.1 to 9.9, proving Canada has nearly perfected its Robin Hood routine.”

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Here are the houses:

http://environment.uwe.ac.uk/video/cd_new_demo/conweb/house_ages/council_housing/print.htm

We can't leave it to volunteers, church nor charity.

We call those slums here....

Screen shot 2011-05-11 at 10.40.00 AM.jpg

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is we need to be taxing more from the likes of Terry (who owns his own baseball team) to give to the poor like Redwood and Master Plumber Mark.

the top 2 or 3% pay 41% of all the taxes paid

Well, they would do because they own 90% of the country's wealth. But this is not enough.

A poor person should pay no or little tax on his income.

A rich person should pay 60%.

That seems fair. Else the poor start robbin' or using their vote.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Easy for the Brits to help their 26 crippled vets in the past 25 years, because the biggest injuries are from changing tires on US made and flown helicopters and jets that take all the incoming fire power.

The Brits are slugging Guiness and quaffing pasties while the Americans sling the guns.

And how can you count on a Brit soldier that came from a society where pistols and long guns are treated harsher than Heroin?

A society without a culture of gun ownership is not equipped to fight wars.

http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads.php

When London has stores like this, maybe the Brits can re-join the fighting world.

In the meantime, its strictly tall wedding cakes and long trains on gowns as their forte'

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Yeah, especially when your own isn't paying there's!

While most western European nations have similarly progressive taxation structures, the “super-rich” are not always saddled with so much of the burden. ThisIsMoney (the UK’s Financial Website of the Year) reported in June 2007 that, “…only a fraction of Britain’s super-rich are paying income tax.” While “…at least 400 UK-based individuals earn, or are capable of making, £10m a year”, it was determined that “…only 65 paid income tax, according to the latest figures obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.” The tax structure in Canada mirrors that of the United States, with The Canadian Encyclopedia stating that, “…Canada’s most affluent citizens already pay the majority of the nation’s tax bill, and our reliance on revenue from the wealthiest citizens is growing.” This is confirmed by the fact that although, “…the wealthiest 10 percent of tax filers earned 35.7 percent of the total income” between 1990 and 2002, “…1976 and 2004, the after-tax income gap between the richest and poorest families barely budged from 8.1 to 9.9, proving Canada has nearly perfected its Robin Hood routine.”

The fact of the matter is we need to be taxing more from the likes of Terry (who owns his own baseball team) to give to the poor like Redwood and Master Plumber Mark.

Well, they would do because they own 90% of the country's wealth. But this is not enough.

A poor person should pay no or little tax on his income.

A rich person should pay 60%.

That seems fair. Else the poor start robbin' or using their vote.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks