trouble attaching the new escutcheon

Users who are viewing this thread

fyrelyt

Reaction score
I picked up a new Moen shower trim kit that I was told would easily replace my existing very dated Moen trim. That has been true up until when I tried to replace the valve trim.

The valve has a bracket for screws horizontally below where the handle would connect. That worked perfect for the old escutcheon plate.

The new escutcheon has screw holes set on a diagonal to the left of the bracket hole, and above the bracket hole. .

What do you recommend?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Return it and get the right one.

The balanced valves are set on the diagonal
Non-balanced are below in line with each other.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Moen plates are different for Chateau, Legend, Postitemp, and Moentrol models. Take the old one with you

pammyfay

Reaction score
Hi--newbie here.

Trying to get some basic info from Moen on updating this old stuff yielded info that there is a Moen part that might help to adapt what you have. They said it was called part 145058.
But hopefully you will post back to tell us what path you took.
I'll be looking for as much info as possible on updating these dated, pitted Moen Chateau things without having to take out a jumbo loan!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks