Triangle Tube Solo 110 venturi horn noise on start up

Users who are viewing this thread

boulderbri

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a Triangle Tube Solo 110. It is about 5 years old. When it starts up, I hear a horn-like noise for about 15 seconds, then it stops when it ignites. I pulled the PVC off and the noise pitch changes and if I put a few fingers over the venturi, it muffles the noise. The fan appears to be spinning fine and it spins with no horn noise. Before and after the noise, I can still feel air being pulled in.

Any ideas? I've come across some posts where people have had a cracked venturi. Or a dirty venturi? Could that do it?

TIA!

Gebavi

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a Triangle Tube Solo 110. It is about 5 years old. When it starts up, I hear a horn-like noise for about 15 seconds, then it stops when it ignites. I pulled the PVC off and the noise pitch changes and if I put a few fingers over the venturi, it muffles the noise. The fan appears to be spinning fine and it spins with no horn noise. Before and after the noise, I can still feel air being pulled in.

Any ideas? I've come across some posts where people have had a cracked venturi. Or a dirty venturi? Could that do it?

TIA!

Hello boulderbri - I installed the same system in my in Crested Butte and am having the same problem. In my system it sounds like a foghorn. Did you every resolve this issue?

Leon82

Reaction score
It is almost always usually a mixture problem you need to have someone adjust the mixture with an analyzer.

Leon82

Reaction score
It possibly could be related to vent length you can try and extend it and see how it sounds

Hiperco

Reaction score
I had a similar issue (but on a completely different unit, a Trianco Heatmaker). It turned out to be a bad gas valve, it wasn't providing the proper pressure and therefore the burner wasn't operating properly, and made a honking noise during ignition. It resulted in numerous sleepless nights before it was repaired.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks