Triangle Tube boiler problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Robeert Pate

Reaction score
I bought a Triangle Tube boiler in 2010. It was a Solo 110 Prestige. I noticed that it was making a popping noise when it ignited. I didn't pay much attention to it until it started to get louder. When it came on it would go whoomph. I finally called the company that I bought the boiler from and asked them to come and look at it. They said that the igniter was defective and was causing a delayed ignition. I later learned that these are "Micro explosions". They charged me $277.00 to replace the igniter. It lasted for about a week. The micro explosions resumed. I called another contractor to come and look at it, they said that they had installed hundreds of Triangle Tube boilers. They agreed to a "no fix, no pay" arraingment. After spend an hour tearing the thing apart the tech said that the boiler needed to be calibrated. I said will that fix it? He said of course it would. So, I said go ahead. Right after he left the noise resumed. A couple of days later I got a bill for $196.00. So now I am into this thing for $473.00. So, I had my original tech come back. He said that the igniter was defective again. Well, here we go again. He went to the parts house to get a new igniter. While he was there the parts manager said that the voltage board was probably causing the igniter to burn out. Come to find out that Triangle Tube had apparently installed the wrong voltage board on some of their boilers and it was causeing the igniters to burn out. Traiangle Tube said that they did a recall on these defective boilers, but it was a secret recall, no one was informed. Why didn't they send a letter to all of the people that bought these defective boilers? I would like to have my $473.00 back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks