Toyotomi 128 HH install Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

borealfool

Reaction score
I'm installing a Toyo 128 HH. I have spent the better part of the last decade traveling or in a dry cabin with a woodstove and have no idea what I'm doing. I think I have the plumbing figured out, and the fuel and vent was a breeze with this thing, But I can't figure out the electrical hook up for the life of me. I have two runs of 300ft 1/2 pex in the concrete that I'm running off of one pump, A Wilo Star. The Toyotomi has a spot to wire in the pump to the heater. It is just 2 black wires comming out amps and volts and electric what not is sufficient. But...

Problem 1:

The pump has connections for the standard 3 wires, Hot, neutral, and Ground. The Toyo only has 2 black wires (no ground). Wilo star manual says it must be grounded. HOW DO I HOOK IT UP?

Problem 2:

I want the whole system to run off a standard wall mounted thermometer. The Toyo has a slot for a two wire timer (no voltage). My idea is to just plug a standard mechanical wall thermostat into the timer input on the circuit board. It should kick on the heater, which will also start the pump, when the desired temperature is met. I believe the lag time between starting the heater and the air temperature changing would make short cycling a non-issue. The shop does have a garage door, So i'm a bit concerned each time I open it in winter, the heater will kick on. WILL THIS WORK?

Thanks much for any help. Jeff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks