Toured Buderus Londonderry today.

Discussion in 'Boiler Forum' started by DEA, Jun 15, 2011.

1. DEA

DEA New Member

So i stopped by Burerdus here in Londonderry NH today. Get company and people. They are more then happy to show you around, look at all of the boilers they offer (all of which are installed and working) Talked with an instructor who was great. Showed me the guts of the GB142 all broken down, showed me some HXs that failed due to intake and exhaust mixing (apparently 80% of there tech calls end in incorrect venting). The instructor said people are more then welcome to attend there classes and such.

There service alone makes me think of going that route.
  2. BadgerBoilerMN

BadgerBoilerMN Master Hot Water Mpls,MN

Do they come out to service the units?
  3. DEA

DEA New Member

I guess servicing is up to the owner or installer. However he told me that at times when there is a problem they will send out a diag. tech.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Their primary function is to build the units, provide parts and training and the units themselves. They also provide technical support. I've meant to try to sign up for a class, but keep forgetting. Thought it might help me understand the unit I have, and maybe tweak it better. If I go, I'll report back. Some (all?) of their units have a serial port that you can access with the proper cable and program to observe and tweak things. I wonder if I take the class, they'd give me a set, or let me buy it? Wonder what it costs or what functions it really can view and adjust?
  5. BadgerBoilerMN

BadgerBoilerMN Master Hot Water Mpls,MN

I am factory certified to install and service Buderus condensing boilers here in Minneapolis. It is interesting that homeowners are invited to factory training.
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

When I looked at this a couple of years ago, preference was given to those in the industry, but if a spot was open, it was available. Don't know if that is still true. WIll look into it.
  7. DEA

DEA New Member

That is the feeling i get also.

I Went there in my BOSCH service center shirt and just told them what i was doing and like i said they let me right in.