TOTO won't fit

Users who are viewing this thread

ep

Reaction score
One of my bathrooms has a forced hot water heating vent that runs behind the existing (Elger) toilet. The rough-in distance is 11 1/2" to the wall, but the heating vent is about 2 1/2" thick. Unless I'm mistaken, there is no Toto model that will fit in this space. What is my next best choice for a highly efficient toilet? Thanks for your response.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Another would be the Gerber Ultraflush.
gerber_21302_1.jpg

Gerber 21-302 with the Flushmate 1.6 gallon tank.

drake_angle.jpg

Picture of a Toto Drake.​
Many of the newer style toilets with the longer footprint won't fit with a wall heater behind.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst744s_footprint.pdf

Last edited:

bmcny

Reaction score
I have the same problem w/Kohler...

I have to use a Kohler toilet to match up with a new Kohler bathtub (color) but I can't seem to find a one piece Kohler toilet that will fit because of the baseboard heater (3" wide, 8" high). The only one that seems to have enough clearance is the Kathryn model based on the product specs I found on their website, but I can't find a store that has them in stock to measure myself. The online sketch does not show a vertical dimension at the back of the unit.

Does anyone have any experience with a one piece Kathryn model (or any other one piece Kohler model) in this situation?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You could try a toilet with a 10" rough-in, but you may not like the distance the tank sits from the wall. It would give you another 2" from the wall, though. Most of them allow maybe 3/4" from the tank to the wall, so you'd have 2-3/4" with a 10" rough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks