toto won't fit

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by ep, Nov 26, 2004.

1. ep

ep New Member

One of my bathrooms has a forced hot water heating vent that runs behind the existing (Elger) toilet. The rough-in distance is 11 1/2" to the wall, but the heating vent is about 2 1/2" thick. Unless I'm mistaken, there is no Toto model that will fit in this space. What is my next best choice for a highly efficient toilet? Thanks for your response.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  3. bmcny

bmcny New Member

I have the same problem w/Kohler...

I have to use a Kohler toilet to match up with a new Kohler bathtub (color) but I can't seem to find a one piece Kohler toilet that will fit because of the baseboard heater (3" wide, 8" high). The only one that seems to have enough clearance is the Kathryn model based on the product specs I found on their website, but I can't find a store that has them in stock to measure myself. The online sketch does not show a vertical dimension at the back of the unit.

Does anyone have any experience with a one piece Kathryn model (or any other one piece Kohler model) in this situation?
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You could try a toilet with a 10" rough-in, but you may not like the distance the tank sits from the wall. It would give you another 2" from the wall, though. Most of them allow maybe 3/4" from the tank to the wall, so you'd have 2-3/4" with a 10" rough.