Toto water spot refill

Users who are viewing this thread

lennyk

Reaction score
I have noticed that o my Toto drake and entrada toilets that if the lever is not pushed down all the way and held momentarily the water spot does not refill fully.

Is standard flush procedure to make sure the lever is held all the way down ?
They flush very well with even a lazy push.

L

Wallijonn

Reaction score
That's not a failure, that's a feature. :D

I typically will give the handle a "half flush" for urine and a full depression of the handle (and let go immediately) for solids.

Define "momentarily". :D

Yeah, all you want to do is depress the handle fully and let it go without holding the handle down. When it bottoms out, let it go.

A tidbit to tell your friends - most toilets splash water upwards when they are flushed. Not Drakes.

Reach4

Reaction score
After the "full" refill, does the water level stay up, or does the water spot recede? If so, that extra refill water is a waste.

If you want more bowl refill, replace the fill valve with a Korky 528MP, which has adjustable bowl refill.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I have noticed that o my Toto drake and entrada toilets that if the lever is not pushed down all the way and held momentarily the water spot does not refill fully.

Leave it alone. Push all the way and release. What you get on refill is what you are supposed to get. Drain the tank (which you're not supposed to do) and you will get more refill to the bowl, because what goes in the bowl is a fixed percentage of what goes in the tank.

When you say the water spot doesn't "fully refill", I take it you mean the little porcelain depressions don't get full or something. What a "full" refill is is whatever fits in the bowl before flowing over the weir. A bowl has a "settle level" and it will never let more than that remain in the bowl, regardless of how much you put in it. The reason is obvious:

toilet-cut-out-diagram.jpg

Now if your toilets are tipped too far backwards, then it will lower the level in the bowl a bit. But assuming that they were installed properly, the water spot is what it is. That said, all bowls if you refill them a little too much, slowly, they will go a little higher, but the excess water will then drip over the weir. After you do what you're doing, does the water stay at that level, or does it recede? I'm guessing recede. If not, then you need to make sure that the toilet is properly-adjusted.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
I have noticed that on my Toto drake and Entrada toilets that if the lever is not pushed down all the way and held momentarily the water spot does not refill fully.

Is standard flush procedure to make sure the lever is held all the way down ?
They flush very well with even a lazy push.

The overfill hole provides the water that refills the water spot. When flushed it will fill to about 1/2" from the water spot and then slowly refill to the correct level. Since it takes about 20 seconds to completely refill the tank, that is about the time it will take to fill that 1/2".

Just depress the lever all the way down and let it go. Don't hold it down. Then you're just wasting water. The only time that you want to depress it, and hold the lever down, is when it is a big waste, when there's a lot of paper, at least more than usual.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks