Toto water noise help

Users who are viewing this thread

Rilands

Reaction score
I hear a hiss sound coming from my toto toilet. I'm not familiar with the type of set-up inside the tank. I did turn a small plasti screw on the top of the valve or whatever you call that piece. The water stopped over flowing into the tube, however It still sounds as if the water is running. When I turn off the water at the wall, the noise stops. Any ideas? Thanks!

Oh & toilet is about 2 years old.

Update: Just went back to the toilet and it had filled up to the top of the tube again and was making the hose dispose of water down the tube. I guess the water has to go somewhere. Do I need to replace the whole mechanism?

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think on that version, you need to replace it. If it was the Korky version, the seal is a repair part. A generic valve will replace it, but may use more water than design or not fill the bowl properly. The Korky version does not have the screw on the top.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks