Toto Washlett E200

Users who are viewing this thread

mrick

Reaction score
Ok - thanks in advance. Based on feedback, I had the contractor cancel the Kohler unit and move to the Toto, one piece ultra max - ADA height - soft close seat (whatever that is).

But - or maybe butt - I see there is an upgrade to a E-200 Washlett. It requires 120. It rinses and heats - not sure it there is a spin cycle. Is this a worthwhile upgrade. Does it work well? Will the wife like it as well as a bidet.

I don't have a bidet but I thought I might add one to the guest bathroom when I upgrade it in a few years.

Do I just have the contractor to add a 110 outlet directly behind the commode and plug in the commode?

What do you guys think? Looks like it adds about $500.

mrick

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
From what I've read (I don't own one), people that have one love it; both male and female. Did you check out Terry's home page? He has some stuff there. The outlet probably needs to be either on and existing or a new gfci circuit...if the elecrician taps off the existing outlet in the bathroom's load side, that should cover it. I doubt it requires a dedicated circuit, it shouldn't draw much power, but you'd need to check the installation instructions to be sure. Those always trump logic and suppositions!

The softclose seat helps prevent things that go thump in the night...when you release the seat, it lowers itself slowly enough so it makes a soft landing - no noise. Helps prevent bashed fingers of little ones, too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks