Toto Vespin II supply line question

Users who are viewing this thread

Areefer

Reaction score
I'm considering the Toto Vespin II, however my supply line is only 4.5" off center of the flange. Is this ok? If not, how much space is there from the finished wall to the back of the skirt? Can I put on a 90 to move the supply out to accommodate the shutoff?

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What is the actual distance from the center of your flange to the finished wall (i.e., the rough-in)?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Unless you have 5.5" or more, you will have to 90 over the shutoff.

dahl_stop_2.jpg

skirted-toilet-terrylove.jpg

Last edited:

Areefer

Reaction score
Terry - do you mean that I'll have to move the supply over inside the wall to at least 5.5" over and then bring it out? Or do I have room (at the back of the skirt and wall) to put on a 90 just outside the wall for the shutoff and connection to the toilet?

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Dahl makes a right-angle shutoff valve that would probably work for you...your choices are move the supply, or run it along the wall to a point where it is no longer being hidden by the skirt.

JerryR

Reaction score
Dahl makes a right-angle shutoff valve that would probably work for you...your choices are move the supply, or run it along the wall to a point where it is no longer being hidden by the skirt.

Jim,

Is this Dahl kit the one you were referring to? It looks like it would work.
Dahl Toto Skirted toilet valve kit

http://www.dahlvalve.com/brochure/Totokit.pdf

To all my fellow veterans who proudly served, HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!

Jerry

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Reaction score
That's what I was talking about...Terry has recommended them previously, I've not needed one, so I've never tried it. I have a Vespin, but not the Vespin II, so can't actually say for certain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks